Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All is well. She sleeps right through most nights thankfully!

Yes, Spyder is making Glass lens headlights, like the other chinese ones out there... imagine its a rebadge, but who knows... Im gonna buy a set and see if they are DOT-marked like their other ones.

Geeze Bill, that SUCKS!!!! The risk of changing jobs is such a mfkr... I left a good paying job 20 years ago, when I was a tin knocker... Shop owner paid us well, but he was a real ass-busting *****... no coincidence, everyone called him "Dicky". He was a complete shtbag about doing jobs with the right tools. He'd tell us to run parts that our machines couldnt handle happily... (I had a Strippit press punch assigned to me). One day he come over and tells me to run a mountain of parts made of 1/2" plate... Machine was designed to max 3/8". Got screamed at for telling him it would break. Even his son told him it was a stupid idea. Destroyed 1 punch die because it kept jamming & eventually chipped so badly it couldnt punch fully. Broke the spring on another, showering me in shrapnel... after a pile more, I hit the pedal and KaBoom!!! Scared the fk outta me. The entire press assembly pushed through the housing head and exploded its piston guts all over my press table. That one cost him BIG... had to fly and house some Strippit Corp tech for crazy $$$$ for about a week. Cant imagine what the parts cost....
I was no saint, I fkd up a few jobs... but the biggie was when I was told a part needed to be ground down. Well, I ground off a bit too much & 1000+ pieces were all fkd-up... The company that contracted with us had to issue a recall... cost the owner quite a bit. Funny how you know when a boss is close to firing you...everyone avoids you and all of my work was being "rechecked" for a few months... so I figured it was about time I look elsewhere, this after working for about 4 years there and going out of my way to pitch in and do the "extras" that others didnt do, like clean up grinding dust in the corners and crevices of the shop (see explosive). Anyway, I put word out and a guy who owned a commercial HVAC business said he'd hire me for less pay, but he'd train me to do HVAC and Id get union pay on a huge contract he had for a new Social Security Office, which would easily make up for the lost in pay. Took the job. Well, the owner was a ******, most of his crew didnt tell me crap & a few guys were perpetually drunk. I was hired to make duct work, but I was regularly being sent to install it. I had no idea WTF I was doing, and no one really showed me. On week 3, I made all the ductwork for the S.S. office... I asked about the prevailing union wage. He said I had to work on the site... Semantics, so I played along and reminded him about our initial discussion & to show me what to do if they needed me to hang it. On the jobsite, I made stuff as we found issues and added things. 1 week later, no union wage in my pay. Owner was "not in" when I went to talk to him. Left a msg with his secretary. Went to jobsite Monday 6am... forecast to be 95+.. Went to work and lost track of time... Sweating my ass off in a closed, multi-floor building, I stopped to get my gatorade and realized NO ONE else was on the floor. Went out to see WTH was going on & the site manager asked me WTF I was doing in there. I explained and he told me he'd ordered the site closed 2 hours ago, because it was over 100° inside (sealed building). Despite a further "discussion" with the guy, I ignored him & went back in, packed up my tools, tossed all the shop's tools into the job box, & drove the box truck back to the shop. Got back, shop was locked, so I locked all the shop keys inside the cab. There were 5 employees on site that day, our electrician, our plumber, 2 installers, plus our foreman....., none of them said a fkn thing & no one called my shop cell phone. Sure, I was the FNG, but I coulda passed out from heat exhaustion & no one woulda found me until the next day (dead). I went back to the shop later that evening. Left a letter in the mailbox addressing the "issue", that my proper paycheck be mailed to my house, and that I resigned, effective immediately.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
All is well. She sleeps right through most nights thankfully!

Yes, Spyder is making Glass lens headlights, like the other chinese ones out there... imagine its a rebadge, but who knows... Im gonna buy a set and see if they are DOT-marked like their other ones.

Geeze Bill, that SUCKS!!!! The risk of changing jobs is such a mfkr... I left a good paying job 20 years ago, when I was a tin knocker... Shop owner paid us well, but he was a real ass-busting *****... no coincidence, everyone called him "Dicky". He was a complete shtbag about doing jobs with the right tools. He'd tell us to run parts that our machines couldnt handle happily... (I had a Strippit press punch assigned to me). One day he come over and tells me to run a mountain of parts made of 1/2" plate... Machine was designed to max 3/8". Got screamed at for telling him it would break. Even his son told him it was a stupid idea. Destroyed 1 punch die because it kept jamming & eventually chipped so badly it couldnt punch fully. Broke the spring on another, showering me in shrapnel... after a pile more, I hit the pedal and KaBoom!!! Scared the fk outta me. The entire press assembly pushed through the housing head and exploded its piston guts all over my press table. That one cost him BIG... had to fly and house some Strippit Corp tech for crazy $$$$ for about a week. Cant imagine what the parts cost....
I was no saint, I fkd up a few jobs... but the biggie was when I was told a part needed to be ground down. Well, I ground off a bit too much & 1000+ pieces were all fkd-up... The company that contracted with us had to issue a recall... cost the owner quite a bit. Funny how you know when a boss is close to firing you...everyone avoids you and all of my work was being "rechecked" for a few months... so I figured it was about time I look elsewhere, this after working for about 4 years there and going out of my way to pitch in and do the "extras" that others didnt do, like clean up grinding dust in the corners and crevices of the shop (see explosive). Anyway, I put word out and a guy who owned a commercial HVAC business said he'd hire me for less pay, but he'd train me to do HVAC and Id get union pay on a huge contract he had for a new Social Security Office, which would easily make up for the lost in pay. Took the job. Well, the owner was a ******, most of his crew didnt tell me crap & a few guys were perpetually drunk. I was hired to make duct work, but I was regularly being sent to install it. I had no idea WTF I was doing, and no one really showed me. On week 3, I made all the ductwork for the S.S. office... I asked about the prevailing union wage. He said I had to work on the site... Semantics, so I played along and reminded him about our initial discussion & to show me what to do if they needed me to hang it. On the jobsite, I made stuff as we found issues and added things. 1 week later, no union wage in my pay. Owner was "not in" when I went to talk to him. Left a msg with his secretary. Went to jobsite Monday 6am... forecast to be 95+.. Went to work and lost track of time... Sweating my ass off in a closed, multi-floor building, I stopped to get my gatorade and realized NO ONE else was on the floor. Went out to see WTH was going on & the site manager asked me WTF I was doing in there. I explained and he told me he'd ordered the site closed 2 hours ago, because it was over 100° inside (sealed building). Despite a further "discussion" with the guy, I ignored him & went back in, packed up my tools, tossed all the shop's tools into the job box, & drove the box truck back to the shop. Got back, shop was locked, so I locked all the shop keys inside the cab. There were 5 employees on site that day, our electrician, our plumber, 2 installers, plus our foreman....., none of them said a fkn thing & no one called my shop cell phone. Sure, I was the FNG, but I coulda passed out from heat exhaustion & no one woulda found me until the next day (dead). I went back to the shop later that evening. Left a letter in the mailbox addressing the "issue", that my proper paycheck be mailed to my house, and that I resigned, effective immediately.

i love you yafuck.......

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i went to see the HR guy today.....got writer's cramp on all the ****** paper.........went well.......saw a friend upstairs tht recommended me for the job....my brother is the one that got all the paper shoved through......we met in prison and when we came home i MADE him finish his the BA in college.......he wanted t give up, i don't know what that means....

bottom line is i've been very close to this work for years.....now they are gonna pay me for it......11 holidays plus a personal floater......every month i accrue a sick day and 8.75 hours of vacation.......the bennies are good and they WANT me there...i still have my wife's medical,so i'm good........my new immediate supervisor rides a Harley Nighttrain.....the big boss rides an Indian Scout and the the guy that made it al happen is my brother, tha
t i nd i'm sick of workin on his SHOVEL..........I landed on my feet for the first time in a long time.

my manager is gonna be lost without me at harley...i do it all.....but he knew this was-a-comin.......5 months ago i told the owner that i couldn't afford to work there,,,,,he mad his choice.

**** em all..........................................i'm free

thanks for that Al.....no ****

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And although, that thread is well done, I wouldn't try it myself... Hell, I doubt I could get it past the "new and improved" Yearly Mass Safety and Emissions Inspection... I am exempt from the smog tech, so long as all of my smog gear appears to be in place and I dont have a SES light. I caught grief for my "clear" front turn signal markers and my "clear" 3rd Brake Light that didnt work. I had to explain that all Chevy & GMC front rectangular markers were Stock with clear lenses and yellow bulbs. I then had to explain that in '92, trucks were not required to have a 3rd Brake Light, that mine was simply the factory cargo light. Then showed him the switch and that it works just fine... but I couldnt get past my clear grille signal lenses... glad I saved the stock ones.