Speaker Choices 1995 Extended Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like a reallly cool enclosure / sub / amp combo ...
you'd be suprised as to what a downfire sub can do ... No hair tricks or 150 dbs on the meter, but really good sounding bass 4 sure ...

Do you happen to know if there's a company that makes an enclosure that fires upward? I, like many are trying to keep the rear seat.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you happen to know if there's a company that makes an enclosure that fires upward? I, like many are trying to keep the rear seat.
That enclosure is designed to be under your rear seat ... The point I was getting at was if you want alot more bass than just "good sounding" bass, you will have to loose your back seat or cut your back wall for a "blow thru" enclosure setup ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most people get "Custom built" enclosures to go under their back seats ... only not to get much more bass that what the enclosure you listed puts out ...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I have two 10" Kicker CVX 10's under my back seat in my 98, its more than loud. Heres the box I got, its fits great. If you go with downfiring or upfiring, make sure you put speaker grilles on them, you don't want your subs hitting the floor or the seat. My whole setup actually rests on the speaker grills and not the legs of the bog. Nothing will destroy a nice sub quicker than having it pound against something. I think you'll be happier with a downfiring setup than an upfiring one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-SILVE...US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item5aeb44d35e

Also, could have gotten those speakers for $150-$160. For the longest time I was a local guy, that liked to support local business. But I couldn't justify an extra $100 for local service.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Baron,
I really want the bass you see flex trunks and sometimes glass. So I guess that's the rumbling bass. My Nova was more of the quality based because it had some thump but didn't rattle my trunk or license plate. I searched Google and found dual sub boxes for 10's and 12's. But they all fire downward, I feel like it wouldn't sound very good in a large open cab.

I found this (it is firing downward) http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/9096874/vpcsid/15701065/SFV/30046 they have others and I think they have a better amp, (prices up to $540)

Don't pay that much for Kicker C's. Those are $50 subs in a $80 box.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have two 10" Kicker CVX 10's under my back seat in my 98, its more than loud. Heres the box I got, its fits great. If you go with downfiring or upfiring, make sure you put speaker grilles on them, you don't want your subs hitting the floor or the seat. My whole setup actually rests on the speaker grills and not the legs of the bog. Nothing will destroy a nice sub quicker than having it pound against something. I think you'll be happier with a downfiring setup than an upfiring one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-SILVE...US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item5aeb44d35e

Also, could have gotten those speakers for $150-$160. For the longest time I was a local guy, that liked to support local business. But I couldn't justify an extra $100 for local service.

I think I'll go with the downfiring enclosure then. Do you have any pictures of your setup Chris? I looked at the CVX's but are they shallow enough to fit in the inclosure under the seat?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I keep meaning to grab some pics, hopefully I'll remember today! They do fit in that box, you have to remove the stupid rubber surrounds on the magnets though. Takes 1 second per speaker ha, they just pull off. Like I said, the set up actually is supported off the floor by the grills, but the seat just barely doesn't rest on the box when it is locked down, so no worries about people sitting in the back breaking anything. I got that box because the CVX's fit in them, I had them in my 2007 Tahoe and didn't want to sell them but I also didn't want a box sitting in my backseat. I couldn't find any other boxes anywhere else that came close.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like in January I'll be getting my subwoofers. I think I'm going with dual 10" Kicker CVX's. I don't understand electircal talk (ohms, bridging, etc.) but does anyone know of a good amp (preferably by kicker) that would support these subs? How many amps should it have?

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did an install in an o1 with the ks 6" comps, ks46's and 2 comp 12's 2ohm in a down fire. this truck sounds good. i am running the front stage off the front chanles of this amp and am running the sub stage off the rear channel's of the amp
i put the rear 4x6's off the headunit and it made for a good front stage while still having the rear fill for passengers.
the subs are more then enough for the truck imho.

this is the amp that is in the truck i mounted it over the hump recessed in the top of the box between the 2 subs
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21951_Kicker-ZX650.4-10ZX650.4.html

i will post a pic of the box even though it is an 01

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did an install in an o1 with the ks 6" comps, ks46's and 2 comp 12's 2ohm in a down fire. this truck sounds good. i am running the front stage off the front chanles of this amp and am running the sub stage off the rear channel's of the amp
i put the rear 4x6's off the headunit and it made for a good front stage while still having the rear fill for passengers.
the subs are more then enough for the truck imho.

this is the amp that is in the truck i mounted it over the hump recessed in the top of the box between the 2 subs
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21951_Kicker-ZX650.4-10ZX650.4.html

i will post a pic of the box even though it is an 01

Pics would be great! Are the subs CVR's or CVX's. I've been leaning toward CVX's. I want something that can rattle my rearview and sideview mirrors. I got my KS speakers installed at Best Buy the other night but of course there's little to no bass. Subwoofers, box, and amp are all next for my truck. Followed by 15% tint because I don't want people seeing what I have installed stereo wise.