spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John R

Reaction score
I have tried a search but no luck on the specific title.
I replaced my plugs at 90,000 miles with the platinum delco plug. Now I am getting ready to replace the plugs,wires and dist cap/rotar again.
I have the 350 vortex engine (1997).
Have any of you gone to the irridium plug and have you used the NGK or stuck with the AC Delco?
I will more than likely stick with the AC Delco wires,dist. cap.
Thanks,
John

Dre319

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal experience on my 98 with a 350, it doesn’t like the platinum AC Delco plugs. I tried them twice in the time I’ve had this truck and they burn out fast for some reason. If I go back to the just the factory AC Delco plugs, they will last a long time and not burn out.
Totally weird. Now as far as the wires, cap and rotor, I stick to AC Delco.

That’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the standard NGK Vpower and I've never had a problem. They are less than $3 and I've installed hundreds of them actually, 1000÷8=125 so I'm going to say thousands of them since the mid 90's with never so much as a hint of a misfire even after accidentally dropping them. I can't say the same about other plugs. I usually swap them at 50k and they are still in fair shape. I could probably run them to 75k or more but I never have.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have always used and will continue to use AC Delco platinums. Never had a problem with them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I use the Delco RapidFires. Sometimes they can be hard to find around here. They seem to work well & last 60,000+.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My personal experience on my 98 with a 350, it doesn’t like the platinum AC Delco plugs. I tried them twice in the time I’ve had this truck and they burn out fast for some reason. If I go back to the just the factory AC Delco plugs, they will last a long time and not burn out.
Totally weird. Now as far as the wires, cap and rotor, I stick to AC Delco.

The factory plugs were platinum as far as I know. There isn't even a listing for copper AC Delco plugs for my truck, last I checked.

I've got some copper NGK's but I have yet to install them. I think I'm on a third set of AC Delco platinum plugs, including the originals.... pushing 300K miles.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I use the Delco RapidFires. Sometimes they can be hard to find around here. They seem to work well & last 60,000+.

I didn't think those were still made. I have an AC Delco Rapidfire mug that I got from my dad. He got it when the plugs were new. I have no idea where he got it from.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup. Still make 'em. Most parts stores around here don't keep them in stock, but they can have them the next day.