Spare Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 350 Vortec out of my 97 has 218,000 on the odometer. I’m not really consuming much oil yet and there’s not ticks or knocks. Not even leaks. I’m just wondering if it would be wise to go ahead and pull another Vortec out of another truck to rebuild when mine goes out. I put about 13K miles a year on my truck. Thanks

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 350 Vortec out of my 97 has 218,000 on the odometer. I’m not really consuming much oil yet and there’s not ticks or knocks. Not even leaks. I’m just wondering if it would be wise to go ahead and pull another Vortec out of another truck to rebuild when mine goes out. I put about 13K miles a year on my truck. Thanks

Personally if nothing's wrong I save the money. If you ever had any issues i try to repair it. If i had my original motor under the hood. I be trying to keep it alive and well. But since it's not it's a different story for me. Unless you want a new motor lol. You said 218k miles. You still got plenty of life. Mine had 425k. And some guys here hit way past that. Your choice though

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally if nothing's wrong I save the money. If you ever had any issues i try to repair it. If i had my original motor under the hood. I be trying to keep it alive and well. But since it's not it's a different story for me. Unless you want a new motor lol. You said 218k miles. You still got plenty of life. Mine had 425k. And some guys here hit way past that. Your choice though
That’s a good point. Thank you.