Somebody is about to have a long expensive weekend.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That looks familiar! I got the Precision control arms (uppers) for my Burb last year, got them installed last week. Did the calipers in October 2018, along with the flex hoses and pads, when one of the hoses collapsed internally and locked the right side up. That caught the brakes on fire! Not how I want a flame job on my truck....
I try to do all my own repairs, but sometimes it's worth the money to let someone else get dirty. They also could do it lots faster,with a lift and power tools that I don't have access to.

99BB3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It definitely needed done. I bought the truck in June of 2021. It was pretty neglected, had a metric ton of “quick fixes” on just about everything. Passenger manifold was broken, power steering pump was bad and a leaky pressure line, drivers side caliper was seized, bleeder screws on the rear brakes wouldn’t come loose, all 4 rear tires were completely bald, knock sensors were broken and one wire was missing, it had an over heating issue and the oil pan was rusted out. I’ve since fixed just about every issue with the exception of a couple. Good enuff to pass a state inspection. In Pa, 10,000# GVWR vehicles are exempt from emmisions so I didn’t have to worry about that. What’s not in the picture is the tie rod end and idler arm. Althought it still needs a bed because the support rails underneath are awful soft. It’s definitely came a long way since I got it.

99BB3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake booster started leaking on me a couple weeks ago, I wasn’t real concerned about it since I don’t really drive this truck very much ($4.29 per gallon of gas here, and a 454! Not to mention somebody replaced the 34 gallon tank with a 26 gallon).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
And then, when I got into it enough to replace the backing plate/abs sensor ( which I had to replace cause the sensor was all melty) the upper ball joint was nice and floppy. Yeah, this might be why the front tires I bought in April are all wore through on the edges....so I replaced the UBJs and got two new tires when I took it in for an alignment once I had everything replaced.
I highly suspect the original owner did minimal maintenance on the Burb. Oil change, brake pads, and lower ball joints ( cause they, and the upper bushings, were within spec in 2018. By last year though, bushings were toast). Easier to do the whole arm, so that's what I did.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Brake booster started leaking on me a couple weeks ago, I wasn’t real concerned about it since I don’t really drive this truck very much ($4.29 per gallon of gas here, and a 454! Not to mention somebody replaced the 34 gallon tank with a 26 gallon).
Our gas in Houston, Texas area is starting to get a little cheaper. So hopefully it will do likewise across the country. My 350 is thirsty too, being city driven.

99BB3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bushings are shot, but the ball joints are still tight luckily. A good friend of mine inspects my vehicles and he knows I’m a stickler about the vehicles I put my kids in. I’ve only driven my truck 2000 miles so far and it still needs a couple little things after this weekend. But at least I know it’ll be safe. The truck barely fits on the alignment rack. Once the UCA’s are on it’s going straight to get an alignement. Which unfortunately is about $90

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
That looks awful similar to the stack of parts in the back of my suburban, except no brakes in my pile. All new front suspension components and tie rod ends. I'm waiting to have smaller tires on hand to replace it all and have it aligned. Also going to de-crank the t-bars before it goes on the rack.