some questions about my 91 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those are the valve covers it has! thanks for the replys guys. i was actually wanting to know what series it is to make sure i could put the vortec heads on it. what do i need for an intake manifold? i should list the things i have done to it so far, but its looking like heads are my next upgrade. i have a TBI chip by harris performance, jet throttle body spacer, long tube headers, modded TBI with 13 psi fuel pressure, kasper throttle repositioning sensor, cold air intake, true dual exhaust.

it runs great now i should add, but im always looking for more power. i think it has 4 10 gears in it? its a 3/4 ton with a 4 speed and its about 3200 to 3300 to do 75 on the interstate.

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
those are the valve covers it has! thanks for the replys guys. i was actually wanting to know what series it is to make sure i could put the vortec heads on it. what do i need for an intake manifold? i should list the things i have done to it so far, but its looking like heads are my next upgrade. i have a TBI chip by harris performance, jet throttle body spacer, long tube headers, modded TBI with 13 psi fuel pressure, kasper throttle repositioning sensor, cold air intake, true dual exhaust.

it runs great now i should add, but im always looking for more power. i think it has 4 10 gears in it? its a 3/4 ton with a 4 speed and its about 3200 to 3300 to do 75 on the interstate.

you can run the intake you have now, bbc vortec heads are not like the small block ones where the intake bolt pattern is different, for weight savings you could run the edelbrock 3764.

if that was my truck i would swap to a 5 speed to bring those rpm's down

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

What size tires? Is that throttle body spacer have ribs in it? or smooth bores?

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think it had some ribs in it but they were really small. like 1/16 inch tall. not like the airraid ones with the big swirl ribs. im running 305s on it.