Skeletal's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the front seats and console out of the truck to clean the carpet earlier. It looks like coke/coffee was spilt in the interior a few times, I keep finding more each time I remove interior pieces.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished the rest of the interior today, found more spilt coke. I’m hoping that since all the fabrics are now clean the funk goes away.

I've found coke in the 2 middle A/C vents, behind the dash bezel, on the inside of the bottom dash panel, in the ashtray, in the glove box by the left vent, on the inside of the center console, inside the tool kit and all over the floor. I'm impressed by how much was spilt in this interior.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
While I personally am against lowering a 4x4, your truck looks great, especially with the new wheels. But man, that sun visor really looks odd with the curent stance. :anitoof:

Nice truck over all! Definitely waiting to see what else you do. :)

And if I might make a suggestion? Why not swap it to an AWD setup? That would probably work better with your lowered suspension angles and such.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working on the truck a good amount the past 2 weeks, hasn't had any issues but I needed something to do. Nothing clears your mind quite like working on your project.

The truck is back to stock-ish height once again (1" crank in the front and the bags pumped up 1" in the rear for a little rake), no real reason for it besides it was time consuming. It rides about the same with the exception of railroad tracks, they are now less jarring.

Ordered all new lights for the front, the clear was peeling off the headlights and the turn signals were starting to as well. I went with Spyder glass lenses w/ stock bulbs and stock style corners & turn signals. Waiting for the turn signals to come in so I can tint them along with the corners before I put them on. Here's a shot of the front with the new headlights.

I need to wire in the rear view mirror I picked up a few weeks back, going to do that this week along with some other miscellaneous stuff if the weather is nicer. I want to pull the notches out and weld the pieces back in at some point too.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I personally am against lowering a 4x4, your truck looks great, especially with the new wheels. But man, that sun visor really looks odd with the curent stance. :anitoof:

Nice truck over all! Definitely waiting to see what else you do. :)

And if I might make a suggestion? Why not swap it to an AWD setup? That would probably work better with your lowered suspension angles and such.

Thank you and I agree that the sun visor looked out of place, I was thinking about pulling it off and re-painting the roof, more than likely would have done that it if the truck was still lowered. Also that's a cool idea, never thought to AWD swap it.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering what parts I used to lower my truck here you go.

In the front:
I got a set of random lowering keys, I would recommend the Belltech ones #3920 (de-crank them all the way)
Belltech Street Performace shocks #2105GD

In the rear:
McGaughys flip kit #33144
Belltech C-notch #6611
Belltech Shock Extenders #6652
ACDelco Shocks #530-157 (I don't recommend these they are too soft imo)
Air lift company SlamAir #59106BT

If I were to do this again I would either get the Belltech shock set #9557 or figure out what Bilsteins are the right length.