Skeletal's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree 100%, a slammed single cab is on my wishlist. One day, haha
I can't wait to slam mine down. It's stock with 2 inch drop shackles right now and I want it lower so bad, but it's just not in the budget since I just spent close to 1800 on other stuff for it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to slam mine down. It's stock with 2 inch drop shackles right now and I want it lower so bad, but it's just not in the budget since I just spent close to 1800 on other stuff for it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I went and checked out your thread, nice truck. It will look great lowered with those wheels.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
@Skeletal check out LT's project truck "Red Tide" on Power Nation or whatever it is on Youtube. He took an early '90's scsb and yanked the 241 for what I believe was a 149 out of an '05 or so SS and the AWD front diff too. Super cool build.

Found a link:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Skeletal check out LT's project truck "Red Tide" on Power Nation or whatever it is on Youtube. He took an early '90's scsb and yanked the 241 for what I believe was a 149 out of an '05 or so SS and the AWD front diff too. Super cool build.

Found a link:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's pretty sweet, makes we want to go do that to mine haha.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been able to do anything to the truck, its been raining for the past week and the garage has been occupied, but I do have some updates. The new headlights w/ the stock bulbs work better than the LED's and the smoked housing. The LED's were brighter but the light was a bit all over the place. Now the light is going where it should, looking to get an HD headlight harness w/ 4 high or make my own since the headlights still suck on dark roads. Also after the interior clean it smells a lot better, no more old man/musty/odd smell.

My turn signals came in the other day, now I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can spray them & the corner lights with VHT and install them.

The truck did get knocked out of alignment today, hit a divet and or pothole going 50~ and now she pulls to the right a fair bit. I should be able to get some garage time this week to work on the truck.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't been able to do anything to the truck, its been raining for the past week and the garage has been occupied, but I do have some updates. The new headlights w/ the stock bulbs work better than the LED's and the smoked housing. The LED's were brighter but the light was a bit all over the place. Now the light is going where it should, looking to get an HD headlight harness w/ 4 high or make my own since the headlights still suck on dark roads. Also after the interior clean it smells a lot better, no more old man/musty/odd smell.

My turn signals came in the other day, now I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can spray them & the corner lights with VHT and install them.

The truck did get knocked out of alignment today, hit a divet and or pothole going 50~ and now she pulls to the right a fair bit. I should be able to get some garage time this week to work on the truck.
Lmc truck makes both harnesses and ive had no problems with them.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know, haven't looked into the LMC harnesses since I've read mixed things about them. How's the build quality of them?
I think it is pretty good. The wires could definitely use some loom though, they just have almost like another big wire cover going over them but overall quality is good imo. I’ve had them for I’d say at least 6 months and had no issues.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is pretty good. The wires could definitely use some loom though, they just have almost like another big wire cover going over them but overall quality is good imo. I’ve had them for I’d say at least 6 months and had no issues.
Awesome, thanks for the info.