Skeletal's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one of the notches installed yesterday, would have gotten both sides done but having dull drill bits isn't a fun time.

It's been raining quite a bit and I noticed water was leaking under the dash on the passenger side, figured out it was coming in from the hvac vent under the cowl. I sealed it and that seems to have fixed the issue, while I was at it I also cleaned/extracted the carpet and seats in the front. I need to pull the seats/console out sometime to finish the carpets but the section I did looks pretty good. I ordered some floor liners too.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished the truck up tonight, got some sharp drill bits before I started and boy did they make the job a lot easier. The install went fairly well except the parking brake cables were rubbing the bags, I zip tied them out of the way until I find a better method of keeping them off the bags.

My floor liners unexpectedly showed up as well. I'll get some pictures later today.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went and took some pics in the rain today
You must be registered for see images attach

I also installed my floor liners, I got tan ones to bring the two-tone into the interior

Here's a shot of the bag and notch, I didn't think to take a pic when the wheels were off.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered some Belltech Street Performance shocks off Summit, people say they ride nice so I decided to give them a try. They will be here early next week.

As far as I can tell the truck still has the original Bilsteins on the front, 22 years of service and they still rode nice (before lowering), a little soft but not bad. I would have went with another set of them but I didn't want to spend the extra money as I need to get inner/outer tie rod ends and sleeves.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped in some new side markers I bought a while ago, 3 of the old ones were holding moisture and eating away the chrome.

Hopefully the new ones don't also fill with moisture, if they do I'll tint the factory ones.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new shocks showed up and got installed today. They ride pretty nice, I want to get a set for the back now.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still need to get tires (29's or 30's), an alignment and put the tie rods on. Haven't bought new tires because I've been trying to find a deal on some 20's. I've not found much that's in budget or isn't beat, I did find a set of 22's I liked but I'm not sure I want to run tires that thin.
Found these 2 trucks online that have a similar stance to mine with 22's, they don't look bad and are starting to change my mind about the thin tires a little bit.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a diesel bumper at the junkyard yesterday, it was sitting there for a few months and had been saying "buy me" every time I went so I finally did. It cleaned up pretty nice, bought a front plate to cover the dent. I got rear view mirror with temp/compass out of a Denali too.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of 20's off a Yukon, they weren't my first choice rim (mainly because they're not chrome) but they didn't cost much more than getting tires mounted/balanced for the 18's and after looking at them on the truck for a few days I like them a lot. They look pretty snazzy on there.

I need to get some Chevy center caps for them now.

Got the front bumper mounted up and the vanity plate ready to go, waiting for my front plate bracket to arrive.
My neighbor gave me some LED lights for my bumper which was nice, need to make some brackets for them.

Last edited: