Skeletal's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Could be a few things. Suspension wise, you didn’t find anything obvious. I’m think it could possibly be a bent wheel, a wheel/tire that is severely out of balance, or an out of round/separated tire. Hard to tel without being there though

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a few things. Suspension wise, you didn’t find anything obvious. I’m think it could possibly be a bent wheel, a wheel/tire that is severely out of balance, or an out of round/separated tire. Hard to tel without being there though
The truck quit shaking after I lifted it back up which is why I am confused, I'll swing it by a tire shop and have em check the wheels and tires anyway, doesn't hurt to check. I appreciate the input.

Last edited:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck quit shaking after I lifted it back up which is why I am confused, I'll swing it by a tire shop and have em check the wheels and tires anyway, doesn't hurt to check. I appreciate the input.

Driveshaft angle?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I bet the angle is the correct answer, coming out of the tranny it is supposed to be between 1 and 6 degrees, and that and -1 and -6 at the pinion IIRC. With mine I could set the angles correct and still get shake until I moved to an aluminum 1 piece, which I assume you have.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I thought you put the factory wheels back on too. If you left the wheels and tires, then they’re probably right (they’re probably right anyway)

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the wheels and tires checked today, they were fine. Must have been the driveshaft as said above. I looked up bad driveshaft angles and seen a few examples, that seems to have been the issue.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
You can buy a cheap angle finder and check them. They make shims to put between the rear diff and the leaf springs to change the angles, I have a few at the garage, if I can find them, that I will send you if you need them. I think I have 2* and maybe 1* degree as well. You have to change your center spring bolt to be alittle longer if you use them.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy a cheap angle finder and check them. They make shims to put between the rear diff and the leaf springs to change the angles, I have a few at the garage, if I can find them, that I will send you if you need them. I think I have 2* and maybe 1* degree as well. You have to change your center spring bolt to be alittle longer if you use them.
I appreciate the offer but I don't think I'm going to lower the truck again.