Simple fix that was over looked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my truck (1994 K1500 5.7 299, 867) on a pretty good trip yesterday. Well for me atleast, it was about 45 miles. Anyway, while on the highway cruising about 65 mph, I noticed it was bucking and jerking like it was missing pretty hard. On the way back i turned the AC off which made no differnce at all. Then the real crap started. After leaving at stopped position at 5 redlights the truck was hesitating and even stalled twice. I also heard what sounded like a fast popping comming from the engine. (Sounded like metal bbs in a can).

After researching, many things came to mind, egr, tps, fuel filter, IAC. Etc. So after getting a box full of goodies from oriellys, I popped the hood and noticed a hose leaving
the valve cover to the throttle body was disconected. I found this to be a PCV hose. After plugging it in all my issues ceased and itit's runnning great again.

Just thought I'd share incase someone runs into the same issue.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
I think the little things being over looked is a huge problem for some of us.
Especially when working on another persons vehicle, whom you believe to be mechanically inclined. So you assume they ruled out the basics.