Silencer Bypass mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2" Fernco Rubber Cap at Home Depot

Did that on the Yukon, useless mod. It made the air induction a little louder and cleaned up the engine compartment, other than that I agree with Greg it was ****. I went with a Trick Flow CAI.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Yes, it was me with the Mountain Dew can. It did seal great, but looked tacky. Took the stupid thing of and used a Fernco cap. Fit perfectly for me. It does not improve horse power or make the exhaust louder, but does seam to make my intake louder under a slight load. But that could also be the spiral intake spacer that was installed on it when I got it. It does make a cool whistle sound under part throttle that sounds like a BOV.

Not to change the subject, but what the hell does an throttle spacer do on a point fuel injected engine? I don't get it. I can see if it was a TBI or a carb. Or even if it was a V-MAX.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the tb spacers do nothing on a fuel injected motor beside make some sound

the spacers for the tbi and carb motors do work because the fuel is mixed with the air before it goes into the intake so the spacer works on those

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
yeah, spacers and the tornado drop in things for the intake are all waste of money for any FI motor... unless you can get one for a penny like that one guy did on here lol...