Shop truck tow rig L29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, we had us a pretty bad ass 99 k2500 suburban with a 470hp 5.3 we built here at my shop. I recently decided to sell it to help finish rounding up funds to finish my race car. Off she went to a new home. My wife said we needed a pickup truck so I told her I'm buying a cheap turd. Well my buddy came to the rescue 24hrs before I was off to buy a soulless 2001 1500 ecsb 2wd 4.3 truck. He called and told me his buddy had this 98 k2500 ecsb 4x4 with a 454 vortec for $500. Had a fuel leak. Long story short I gave 500 for the 261,000 mile retired plow truck and drove it home. She needs some love and of course I fell in love on my way home so here we go again lol

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Not really sure what I'm going to do. Knowing me its going to get a cam and top end work etc. It's already getting headers because the manifold on the driver's side is so warped I think you could park a cavalier in it lol so as of now, I'm looking for a good bed. Going to fix rest of rust and get it looking good again. Long tubes and true duals 3in with x-pipe and thrush welded mufflers dumped

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in love with it too; looks like mine but a bit crustier!
How does it pull that travel trailer?
I just used it to pull it out of the yard so I could mow lol it currently acts like it has clogged cats, you could drive a cavalier between the manifold and head on driver side, only two bolts are Missing and it's warped that bad, muffler is rusted out and where the flange is under cab has a huge chunk of gasket missing yet I can only hear the manifold leak when running. I can feel exhaust coming out from the gap in the flange but very very little sound. After you have the truck warm from driving it starts to hesitate and miss under more then like 3rd throttle. Acts like the only place exhaust is getting out is that manifold and when you put your foot in it, to me it feels like the exhaust can't get out quick enough and is contaminating the cylinder charge with exhaust gas. I'm going to be doing the headers and exhaust soon and we will see how she does then along with some hit ignition parts