Shop Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I have a 60x60 shop partially insulated that stays cold (unheated) 90% of the time. When I do go out there I have 3 propane torpedo heaters (adjustable from 30,000-60,000 BTU Each), when I crank all of them up to 60k BTU (180k BTU total) they heat my shop up to the point that I can go down to sweat pants and a t-shirt within 15 mins and start turning down their output. Only bad thing is little 20lb propane tanks only last 6-8 hours with these heaters.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have room in you breaker panel have someone install a heat pump unit with duct work. So that way it can heat in the winter and cool it in the summer. The new heat pumps are, supposedly, be able to heat down to 10degress.

Idk if this is true or not I live in Florida :D

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If you have room in you breaker panel have someone install a heat pump unit with duct work. So that way it can heat in the winter and cool it in the summer. The new heat pumps are, supposedly, be able to heat down to 10degress.

Idk if this is true or not I live in Florida :D

More like change the temperature 10 degrees + or -

AKA bring 50* up to 60* or 80* down to 70*

Heat pumps dont work for any climate north of Kansas.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I'm in a 23X23 garage. I just run a pellet stove in the winter.