Shake/Vibration when Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:mad: Steering wheel shake/vibration still there while towing. Doesn’t happen till you are at about 50mph, and mostly goes away when at speed and not trying to gain speed. I did swap the slightly lighter Atv to the front with no difference. Like I mentioned earlier, when not towing, I had noticed a small vibration occasionally. I need more time to see if driveshaft balance has eliminated that, although I didn’t feel that today(not towing).
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brand new u-joints, yoke to shaft/shaft to pinion rock solid. I’ll check transmission mount, last time I checked it was fine. Again, it’s only when towing. :crazy:
You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say make radical changes and record the changes in a notebook.

-One atv in the truck, nothing on trailer.
-truck empty, one atv on trailer
-truck empty, move atv to other spot on trailer.
-30 psi in all tires

Drive vs OD

ETC.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say make radical changes and record the changes in a notebook.

-One atv in the truck, nothing on trailer.
-truck empty, one atv on trailer
-truck empty, move atv to other spot on trailer.
-30 psi in all tires

Drive vs OD

ETC.
I hear what your saying. Have so far been able to do all this in my head. BUT, probably wouldn’t hurt to write it down. I would guarantee with nothing on trailer there’d be no issue. It’s all aluminum, extemely light. I pick it up off truck and walk it around. 30 psi is way too low. Tow in 3rd only. I’ll try 1 on tomorrow for science sake. After everything I’ve tried, there was definitely some improvement from airing up the tires. Some!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Light trailers aren't always a benefit.

To solve this problem, a guy may need to forget everything that he knows and start over with the basics.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason that you can't mask this problem easily is because you don't have anywhere near enough weight on the rear of your truck while towing that trailer. You can see that just by looking at the picture. Because of this, you are gonna have to make things work perfectly.

You have a bad trailer tire, brake rotor, truck tire, or wheel bearing. If you can find a way to get the truck riding with an acceptable amount of weight on the rear, it will better mask your problem, maybe making it acceptable.