Shackle Flip kits (and related RCX problems)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 k1500 on a 6" RCX lift, I have the add-a-leafs and block in the rear, I'm looking to maybe run an ORD shackle flip and ditch the block, what are your guy's experience with shackle flips for daily driving purposes, and more importantly for wheel travel, I do not want to loose suspension flex. My truck does well now for flex, but with ifs I don't want to loose anymore flex in the rear of my truck as it is responsible for 80% of the wheel travel my truck has for flexy spots in the trail. Also I kinda hate the add-a-leaf, as it made the rear end very stiff, what are the thoughts on a 2" block and the shackle flip. Share your offroad opinions please Chevy guys. Also what are you guys running for shocks, I have noticed that the regular shocks sent with my rough country kits are garbage in the front end, They have zero rebound control and let the front end bounce and continue to float all over the place.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
A shackle flip will give you more flex than a AAL and block you'll need a zero rate to re center the axle

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A zero rate add-a-leaf? hows that work?, why does the flip un-center the axle? and is it true the droop better? I know the math behind a inverted shackle says more angular movement. but I have never ran a flipped shackle.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It can either move your axle forward or backward one inch. The shackle flip pushes the rear of the leaf spring down and effectively moves the axle forward. And yes I'd say it droops more