Shackle Flip Flex Behavoir?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everyone says that a shackle flip makes the rear end "flex better" but what exactly does that mean? Does it give it more travel? Less likely to bind up? Make the springs feel softer?

I want to lift my truck but I still need to be able to use it for truck stuff. The 6200# springs ride like a car, which is nice, but the truck squats if I even breathe on the hitch too hard. It's cranked to level, and I have a FULL toolbox and a lumber rack on it already, plus whatever the actual payload is.

I don't tow all that often, but when I do it's usually dirt, gravel, pavers and other heavy things. I was considering swapping to 7200# spring packs as well, I understand that it won't increase my legal load limit, I just want to reduce the amount that it squats when loaded.

Mr_white_obs

Reaction score
Can't say I know much about it. If you're open to the idea of adding air helper springs to the rear, they can help a lot to reduce squatting when you have a load. That way you can still run with the 6200# springs and keep your ride quality similar when empty. You can run the airlines to the bumper or gas cap to fill through a Schroeder valve, or run with an on-board compressor to fill on the fly.