Setting code 34 intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I found a troubleshooting guide for the codes. For code 34 it says to ensure proper working order of the governor before countining on with the check list. How do I find out if my truck has a governor or not? Once I determine that, seems like it should be pretty simple to figure out the problem.

Thanks guys

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I ordered a new ac delco MAP sensor, I should have it by Saturday.

I will update with the results after I swap it in the truck

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Surprised the manual mentions a governor since that's a device not seen on the overwhelming majority of trucks, especially regular market passenger trucks. You can ignore that step.

Richard

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new MAP sensor arrived on Friday. I just got a chance to put it in today. I haven't driven it yet but I will tomorrow. Hopefully it will fix the problem.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove the truck today for about an hour . The truck ran good with no bucking or hesitation and no ses light either!

Pretty happy. Time will tell if the MAP sensor was the real problem, need to drive it some more miles