Serious wiper/blower motor gremlins...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stomis

Reaction score
When I bought the truck it had no heat hooked up and was told the wiper motor was fried. So I bring it home and run some heater lines to the core. Let it warm up and go to test the new heat and Ive got no blower. So I start poking through the motor, resistor, and switch with a test light. Come to find out the fuse is missing, der stupid oversight. Plug in fuse and Ive still got nothing. So now Im really stumped. Out of shear curiosity I decide to try the wiper with said fuse replaced. Turn wipers on and on goes the blower...

Now Ive got the blower on, and the speedo is bugging out to the tune of 60mph with the blower on "high" (its not getting full juice I can already tell its running slow). So I fiddle with the wiper switch some more and the motor starts making terrible noises like a buzzer almost. My first though was theres a circuit crossed in the wiper motor and its back feeding the ground causing weird to happen. So I replace the motor but much to my disappointment the issue persists. AND I can get a brand new wiper motor to make this buzzer noise...

This is a 94 GMC originally had a 4.3/5spd but is now a carbd 355/5spd heat only truck. All the original gauges are hooked up and function and everything else is working normal. Ive thumbed through the wiring diagrams but cant seem to come up with any shared circuits between the ac/heat and the wipers. I dug around in the dash and dont see any crushed or botched wires. I inherited this project from someone else and already cleaned up some of his wiring. its not terrible but not great but it all pertains to the dizzy, fans, and engine peripherals...

Ugh help?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My most sincere condolences... Especially since someone worked on it before you :nono: