SEM paint question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work guys most of all the gray in my truck was panted with SEM good stuff!!!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Mine is a little lighter than the stock grey color but I like how it brightens the interior up.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've dyed a lot of interior stuff. I use SEM. Found it to be way better than the Dupli-color.
John, if you go to that second link I posted, you'll find a product called 'Vinyl Prep'. This really helps the the color coat sink into the plastic & vinyls. I wouldn't dye anything without using that stuff.
When I do complete interiors, there's a lot of parts that require removing several others, just to remove one. I hate jobs coming back. I really hate doing things twice! I've never had any dye job, when I've used SEM, come back because of issues with cracking, flaking or peeling.
The best advice I could give you, is to do an excellent prep of whatever you're gonna be working on. Treat it as you would a paint job. Spraying the stuff's easy. Getting it to the point of being ready for that is where the work is.
If you'd like, I could outline the steps that I've used to get great results. Let me know, & I'll post the procedures.

Last edited:

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I second sewlow's comment on the prep work being the key. Take your time and do it right and you will have no problems.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cool deal guys I thank you for the reply sewlow you have my email send it there so I can keep up with it buddy..

Now can someone tell me what they call the tan in the 98 year models I know its called something other then tan lol..

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so someone give me a run down on all the stuff i need to get from SEM all the prep stuff..

still need someone to help me on the color also..