SBC vs LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
10.1:1 383 with an agressive cam and good heads would probably put you a little above 400hp. Add 100-150 shot and your golden. But i belive it would tecnically be a 385? since your .060 over.

Although if you ls swap, you can always add a turbo when money allows. Itd take probably $5-6k to do it but you could potentially make upwards of 700hp with a turbo ls on E85 reliably.

Yeah I think that sub what I'll do is make a stroker. Although I know a guy that has a 406 from a dirt track car he's selling. Would prob have to throw a cam with a lower rpm power band and I'd be golden. He said it made around 6-630 with the carb.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I know the feeling. The nearest E85 to me is 34 miles away.

It's bittersweet. I have E85 very local to me, but I stopped myself from building around it anyway. There aren't that many people running it around here, the pumps are scarcely used (so the stuff is old and likely contaminated). Also, it's typical to only have 1 pump per station, so if it's not profitable or if the owner so chooses, they can discontinue it at any time. Where I live, E85 was a huge hit in 2006, then by 2010 most pumps had cobwebs on them...If they were even still in service.