Sad day and slighlty wrong feeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I concur on the S10 idea much better platform

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
They called the 2.5 the iron duke though, them motors are tough as nails

Sent from my Deere wrapped iphone

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So... Ive been wanting a 4x4. And manual. And better hwy mileage. I love my truck, but ive honeslty been considering a comanche. http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4520430107.html
Anyone out there own one? I realize its a completely different animal, and is going to be slowwwwww, but then i wont be tempted to speed so its all good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're looking for better hwy mileage this is the wrong vehicle to be looking at. If you truly love your truck and are getting rid of it for something that gets better MPG get serious and get something that'll truly make a difference. This isn't it. I've been down this road before and believe me that you'll kick yourself in the junk if you do this and don't notice any real gains.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I owned an 89 Comanche before I bought my 99 K3500. It had the 4.0L 6 and would take off loaded better than my dad's GMC 1/2 ton 4.3L. Fuel milage wan't all that great, and the transmission was kinda crappy...... and it was a 2wd. It was a manual and I could not shift the lower gears without it lurching. I don't know if it was the Puegot or something else. The interior was cheap. A friend has a 2000 Cherokee, which has a much nicer looking interior.

Oh, and the alternator is way down by the "frame" rail, and is a pain to change.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not looking to gain mpg, im looking to not lose much. I figure if its rated at 23 hwy that w oversize tires i should get high teens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk