Whats wrong with gmt400 brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I did the same maintenance on my 94 K1500 years ago with stainless flex hoses throughout and new everything else except the stock MC was still fine. Those brakes are great... dare I say better than my 97 K3500 Dually with factory Hydro boost. I'm sure when I go through the Dually those will improve significantly but for now the little 1500 brakes are solid. Even with the pesky parking brake adjusted drums. I just took time to properly adjust them and re-adjust them after break-in without needing the parking brake. I also deleted the problematic rear wheel ABS.

I had what the parts store called HD brakes on my 1500. They had me bring in an old rotor to compare and I dont know the code JB5 or JB6 or what. But if you are replacing everything you can upgrade to whatever code you want as long as they are all matching components.