RyanMerrick's 1997 C2500 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Yes, the tires are great (good traction, low road noise, aggressive tread) but I do have one complaint, the truck wanders more and I have to work a little harder to keep it in my lane....

This was never a problem with my previous Wrangler RT/S tires, and there's no issue wih the truck (just hit 55,000 miles!). But I think the sidewalls are significantly softer on the Wrangler Authoritys.

Yes the Authoritys are good, but they don't give me any confidence in an emergency maneuver. So when these wear down I'll be buying the Wrangler Duratracs.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Tested out the tires in fresh powder, and they worked great. Driving in fresh snow is the best part of winter in my eyes.

You must be registered for see images attach

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Truck is lookin good. Everyone ive talkted to about the duratracks loves then

Adam

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is looking great! Now that you have the new bumpers on, you should take off the trim from the sides of the truck as well.

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I had searched for something and ended up reading the entire thread. Completely forgot it was an old thread, haha!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have not seen him on here in a while lol. Maybe he will get a notification and has not forgotten about us!!!

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Truck is looking great! Now that you have the new bumpers on, you should take off the trim from the sides of the truck as well.

Thanks! I've been tempted in the past to remove the trim, but I'm hesitant since it's a long bed. I haven't really seen an attractive demolded long bed. Now if I had a short bed, it would be a different story....

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I have not seen him on here in a while lol. Maybe he will get a notification and has not forgotten about us!!!

Still here! Life got busy at work and home with a baby on the way!

Not too much has changed with the truck recently, just some basic maintenance. I converted to Mobil 1 synthetic oil and a Royal Purple filter, and immediately noticed the engine running and starting smoother than ever before. Soon I'll be upgrading to 33" Goodyear Duratracs, and I'm hoping to have the time to strip and recoat the frame as well.