running lean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olredgmc

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 95 K25000, 5.7. I recently added the powercharger (salad bowl) and I have an open element with the K&N filter type lid for extra air. The exhaust is set up correctly and flowing well. I also have the injector pod spacer but have not installed it yet. Anyway, it seems to run really well, revving a little quicker, a little more snappy. It has however idled rough a few times, even surging once but it settled down. It only did this while idling. Does it sound like I am lean now? Does it take a while for the computer to adjust? Thanks in advance.

Olredgmc

Reaction score
Anybody

Anybody? Do I need to give more information? It has ran well, has not died, it just seems to idle a little rougher compared to before.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the plugs, they say a lot. What do they look like?

Olredgmc

Reaction score
Yeah I need to do that. I did watch the injectors today while it was running and one of them was actually dripping pretty good during idle and even when I raised rpms a little bit. The other injector was too just not as bad. I'm assuming that is not good. Am I looking at new injectors?

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Not so much new injectors. You can send them to be cleaned and put them back in. I recommend witchhunter.com. From what I have heard from others they are too notch. I just looked at their site and they are on a 7 day turn around right now. Usually they are about 2-3 so they must be really busy at the moment.

I have the same mods you mentioned and don't have any issues although I also have the ink spacer installed and I cut the bottom of the stock air cleaner open to match the salad bowl. Soon I will either send my injectors there or just order flow matched ones from R V Morse along with bored tb, afpr, and have them bore my cfm tbi spacer to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Olredgmc

Reaction score
Yeah, I cut the bottom part to match the bowl too. Any idea how much to get those injectors cleaned/serviced? They are 88 bucks a piece at the part store.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I believe it's $22 per injector. They will come back good as new, with all paperwork from tests and everything. Also if you buy replacements R V Morse has them flow matched for $59/ injector. So a lot less then the store. I guess it depends on if it's your dd or you can have it down for some time

Olredgmc

Reaction score
Its not a daily driver. I'm just needing to decide what route to take.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
That's where I am too. I can't decide on getting mine cleaned or just buying a set of flow matched. In the end I will probably buy the flow matched but just not fully decided yet L0L!