Running boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a 97 Chevy in the shop today that belongs to an older man.. He wants a set of running boards put on . He has brung me a set of 2 door tahoe running boards atleast he claims they are they look correct i am not sure . The truck is a 1997 2500 ext cab 2 wheel drive . will these work and look proper on the truck .? or should I locate a 4 door set ? or have him break down and order a set made for it?

Last edited:

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Have you measured them?? Just measure the length of the cab and then the length of the boards. Done.
Also, are they factory running boards? I know the ones I took off my 4 door wouldn't mount correctly to a pickup because there are tabs welded inside the pinch weld of the body for them to bolt to. I am fairly certain pickups don't have that, but could be wrong.

Just order a set that's made for it. Save a lot of headache and guess work in the long run.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you measured them?? Just measure the length of the cab and then the length of the boards. Done.
Also, are they factory running boards? I know the ones I took off my 4 door wouldn't mount correctly to a pickup because there are tabs welded inside the pinch weld of the body for them to bolt to. I am fairly certain pickups don't have that, but could be wrong.

Just order a set that's made for it. Save a lot of headache and guess work in the long run.

That is the conclusion we came to that is easier to order a set . They would look great and are factory running boards but there no tabs under the pickup and with out alot of welding and measuring . I advised him that it is easier to order a set and have them on in no time flat. It was a neat Idea the old coot gave me though . Might look at the option on a future build