Running a Fitech and 4L60E with factory computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry Beasley

Reaction score
First post, been lurking and reading a while, I have searched and read all of the posts about this but they all seem to die with no real answers. I have a 78 Nova that I built a very nice 355 with Fitech for but then went LS swap. So now I have a 97 K1500 Silverado with a very tired Vortec. I have the tranny being built and am getting ready to set the Fitech injected 355 in. It has a very lumpy roller conversion camshaft. Id like to follow a few that I have read on here and keep the TPS, coolant temp and MAP sensors and have the factory computer control the 4L60E if possible. If not I'll buy a Fitech controller. If its possible, and if not and I nd up deleting the entire ECM what does that do to my 4X4 controls and other stuff?

As for the rest of the truck its straight as an arrow with no rust, so new white paint, rebuild the interior and new lights front and rear with a hew grill. I have a set of Centerline forged 18's and a set of 2018 Silverado wheels, trying to decide which to use. I have a 99 Denali parts vehicle and gave thought to a grill swap but I think I wanna keep it Chevy. Defiantly going with the Denali console and door panels.