Routing for front airride airline.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have yet to crawl under truck and look but i did receive my Thorbros bag cups today. Gonna cut them down a bit, but my question is where is everyone running their airline to the front bags? i have seen a couple posts about cutting a hole in upper shock mount, don't really care for it, but was wondering what everyone else might have done.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a swivel 90 and run my airline inside the frame rail, can not be seen at all and it is protected from heat, I would never drill another hole and run the airline up into the engine compartment, but that's just me.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the frame rail a pretty easy go, i know on my s10 i have gussets along the way inside the stock boxed portion that make it impossible to stay in the frame the whole way.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The stock frame rail on a 2wd GMT 400 is a super easy run, pretty much nothing in the way.

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is also in the frame rail, at least until the 2x4 rail starts anyway.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had planned on using the out side of the frame rail right where there is a nice 1/2 wide seam on bottom of floor pan to mount valves too. this may not work if i can't get a nice enough transistion from inside the rail to outside the rail and over top. so next question is where did you guys mount valves, and in the bed currently for me is not a option. Thanks for the replies guys this has been a big help.

Muney

Reaction score
are you guys drilling a hole in the side of the top cup to run the airline through?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I found that running it up through the front of the radiator it worked best, right through the fins, helped with cooling too

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
My Extensive cups didn't have a hole in them, so I drilled one and used 3/8 fuel line and clamped it to my air line so it would rub and eventually fail.
You must be registered for see images attach

I ran my line inside the frame as well, then secured it to the inside of the frame rail.