Rider's '94 K1500 Ecsb aka "Vegas"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Just a bit of an update:

Parts on hand that need to be installed:

Metrum fuel sending unit
Lift pump bypass kit
Fuel tank sock
VW fuel filter head
265/75r16 Wrangler SR-A tires on factory alloys (gonna run these till truck is lifted)

Parts still to order or pay for:

Vw or compatable filter
Walbro lift pump
Injection pump
Wranglers mentioned above (to be paid off soon)
Steel to fab bumpers and roof rack
Carr low profile light bar (to mount front of roof rack without drilling holes)
Ballasts for Hid converted 6" hf lights
Larger tires (tbd upon picking a lift kit)
Lift kit (RCX or Skyjacker)

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Just to further add to what will be occuring with this truck. The plan is to run a 4" lift (either RCX or Tough Country) with Bushwacker cut out fender flares over 35-37" tires. Essentially the truck will have a similar stance to the Iceland trucks with being lower center of gravity but running the biggest tires possible. That way the truck is lower and more stable but still has a ton of ground clearance. It will also be fitted with the following bumpers:

Bumpers Designed by Andrew (AM92)

Rear "Avalanche" style bumper with 4 oval LED lights. 2 will be aux reverse lights and 2 will be secondary stop/tail/turn.

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Front "Diesel" Winch bumper: Note: this is not the final design it may or may not have a grille guard added depending on how it looks when Andrew mocks it up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will be getting some measurements from my truck sometime today for Kevin so he can design a headache/roof rack system. I plan on using a Carr low profile light bar to mount the front of the rack over the roof and am currently working on ideas to have the rack being free floating on rubber shock bushings so it can flex and not damage the trucks roof or the rack itself.

Major props go to the following:

Andrew (AM92) for designing the bumpers
Kevin for designing the rack
Baron (Mean Green) for producing the HD headlight harness that i will soon be ordering
P2 (Bluex) for selling me a compass/Temp mirror w/probe
Kyle (90chevystepside) for selling me the 6" HF lights with 10K HID bulbs
Mike (Mobs) for selling me the Ballasts for the low beam HIDs

any future contributors to the project will be updated in this post as well.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok I just wanted to make sure haha. I'm gonna start the bumper toht but since I have a Tahoe I may need some measurements for the rack. Just post up the length in inches to each corresponding # whenever you get a chance

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Just bumping this up now that i got the measurements from my truck...here are the numbers

#1 70 inches
#2 55 Inches
#3 21 inches
#4 55 Inches

I also measured from back of roof to middle of door which came out to 40 inches. I chose this placement for the Carr low profile light bar that i may wind up adding in front of the roof rack for the front to attach to. Unless it will be strong enough to free stand over top of the cab without it touching it. Im guessing if 2-3 inches are added to the height for #3 it may have enough clearance to account for cab movement when the truck is flexed on the trail

Since i wasnt quite sure what you wanted for #1 i also measured from box rail to box rail and got 63 inches on that measurement.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If built right the rack should be strong enough to not touch the cab, also with a 4" lift 35s may or may not fot without trimming, there have been members that ran them no issues with just bl and with mine lifted about 4 in the front my tires catch the bumper and fender when turning, 37s def wont fit with just 4" lift unless you plan on doing alot of trimming

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well i think i have decided on three wheel choices for my Sierra after running around to different tire shops today. Im going to stay around the 17" tire size to make it easier to get ahold of replacement tires. It comes down to the Mayhem Riot in Chrome or black, Mayhem Tank in either black with machined edges or chrome or the BMF M-80 in Death metal black (Black with machined accents)

The Riot

The Tank

The M-80

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
(Repost from chat thread, will be reposted in both build threads since it contains info on both trucks)

Well since it was bugging me not knowing the height differences between my two trucks i did some measuring today. Both are parked on level ground.

The '94 is rolling on 265/75R16 tires and the '89 K3500 is on 245/75R16 tires.

I used the front bumpers and rear bumpers as my reference points on both trucks.

'94 K1500 28.5" Front and 27.75" Rear
'89 K3500 26.5" Front and 29" Rear

So im going to take a look at CV angles and ball joint angles on the K3500 and if they are somewhat similar to the angles under the K1500 i will see about having the front end cranked up about 1"-1.5" to get it close to level. And for now i will prob have the K1500 cranked 1" front and get ahold of a 1" block for the rear to get it to sit at a similar height to the K3500. Later on i do plan on running an RCX on the K1500. The main reason i want it to get it to around the same height as the rear of the K3500 is because the K3500 opened my eyes as to what these trucks can do offroad in somewhat stock form. So i figure i will prob be more then happy with the K1500 sitting around similar if not a bit taller height with 33" tires.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well things have shifted slightly on this truck in terms of overall plans. Mostly in terms of the order things will occur.

Stage 1:

Tbar crank to level
285/75R16 tires on sawblades
New injector pump
New lift pump
New fuel sending unit
Stereo stage 1

Stage 2:

Westers Garage mild chip
Exhaust
Body work
Demold with adding reproduction badging in body line like Rehab?
Tinted windows
Avalanche style rear bumper and front winch bumper

Stage 3:
RCX 4" or 6" lift
BMF M-80 wheels
33" Tires (4" lift) or 35" tires (6" lift)
Stereo Stage 2

Stage 4:
Holset HX35 Turbocharger
Engine overhaul or replacement with Optimizer 6.5 (Current gen block made by Navistar)
Westers Garage Race spec chip

Stereo Stage 1:
Pioneer or Alpine CD Player with bluetooth
Kicker 4x6 speakers in dash and rear Pillars

Stereo Stage 2:
Replace kicker speakers in dash with Blues Audio 6.5" component set in either kick panels or doors
4 Ch amp to drive component set and speakers in rear pillars
mono block sub amp
10" Boston accoustics Subwoofers in Bassworx under seat box.

Depending on what i hear back on an email i sent earlier i may be adding a fiberglass canopy to this truck.

Last edited: