Rider's '81 Dodge D150 RCLB "Son of Thunder"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the hood i will be installing on the truck eventually. It remains to be seen if i wind up molding on a cowl induction scoop onto this hood or not.

You must be registered for see images

Always loved those hoods too bad the front of your truck isn't the same style those things look sick hot rodded out. Saw one hot rod orange with those sport wheels chromed and a 440 under the hood was the second Dodge to catch my interest next to the General Lee

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Always loved those hoods too bad the front of your truck isn't the same style those things look sick hot rodded out. Saw one hot rod orange with those sport wheels chromed and a 440 under the hood was the second Dodge to catch my interest next to the General Lee

Thunder had that style front end. If it wasnt for the fact that the Ram has the bulkier more muscular style body work on it i would seriously consider getting the entire front end off of an old D series. I might still try to find a rad support, grille, under grille panel and headlight buckets to eventually run a D Grille but have the bulky ram body.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well...due to some changes in my work schedule i will have some more cash to make this thing even nastier. This summer i will be looking for a 440 to drop in along with gathering the other parts to make that happen. If i wind up doing any alterations to the rear chassis it will be to narrow it and go 4 link to go full out Pro Street. As it is im gonna attempt to stuff the widest tires i can in the factory wheel wells. Im going to have to do some measuring but im hoping to be able to shove some 28 X 12.00 - 15 M/T Sportsmans in the factory wheel wells. Going to hold to the idea of running the Riddler Style 655s in 15x8 front and 15x10 rear. Going to run 235/60R15s in the front if i go with the Sportsman SR rear tires. More then likely it will be the M/T Sportsman S/T radial in the front. Otherwise i may go to bias ply tires and run the Sportsman Pros with matching fronts.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I def missed this thread ,should be a cool ass truck .....now get to work!!

Def planning on it...im gonna be taking care of some debts this month and next month and then start working on it again. I will prob pick up an autobody glue gun and a rivet gun next month so I can patch the drivers side floor with some panels my buddy will be making for me.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well i think i may have found a wheel i like more then the Riddlers....Its a copy of an old Center line wheel made by Ultra wheel and it isnt badly priced according to tire rack...now i gotta see what pricing is like at tire craft here in town for them.

You must be registered for see images