RHD Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8Bucksagallon

Reaction score
Hi All,
There was a discussion regarding RHD 'Burbs and I thought I would post this just so those interested can see the interior, particularly the dash. Also take note of the tail lights, I've been searching for a set for 10 years!
Engine layout looks a little odd to me, but that might just be a cover that is missing.
I have no affiliation to the car or the seller, just posing out of interest.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In your link, the vehicle's reportedly a 1998 yet it's got the quad headlights which were only used for a few, initial GMT400 years in the US. Interesting! Too, I can see in some of the pictures that they're E-code reflectors but the low-beams pictured are right-hand-rule, identical to those (see attached picture) used in Europe.

I don't see a rear sway bar
You must be registered for see images attach

Those taillights are manufactured by Arteb (www.arteb.com.br) and were used by GM in the SA and Australian markets. More information about them can be found here:

(European GMT400 low-beam reflector)

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
In your link, the vehicle's reportedly a 1998 yet it's got the quad headlights which were only used for a few, initial GMT400 years in the US. Interesting! Too, I can see in some of the pictures that they're E-code reflectors but the low-beams pictured are right-hand-rule, identical to those (see attached picture) used in Europe.

I don't see a rear sway bar

Those taillights are manufactured by Arteb (www.arteb.com.br) and were used by GM in the SA and Australian markets. More information about them can be found here:

(European GMT400 low-beam reflector)
The Holden Burbs used a version of the quad sealed beams; they were spec'd for them due to Aussie light regs for vehicles.

8Bucksagallon

Reaction score
1998 K1500. Thank you for the Link. I have been on the web site and they have a multitude of rear lights. They list the fitment as “silverado” which i take to mean pickup, but willl these lights fit a GMT400 Suburban? do the quad lights fir both chevrolet, and GMC suburbans (different grills?)

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1998 K1500. Thank you for the Link. I have been on the web site and they have a multitude of rear lights. They list the fitment as “silverado” which i take to mean pickup, but willl these lights fit a GMT400 Suburban? do the quad lights fir both chevrolet, and GMC suburbans (different grills?)

The Arteb taillights and headlights will fit any of the US domestic GMT400s (subject to the front grill's fitment). If you go digging you'll find some other members on this site have them installed (taillights, headlights, or both) and have posted pictures.

The Arteb headlights are not "quad" lights, not like the Aussie headlights anyway, but they are E-code compliant and are often sought by GMT400 owners in Europe on account of their country's DOT requirements. Many owners in the US acquire them on account of their superior illumination pattern and relatively high build quality (e.g., compared to TYC / APC / others).

Last edited:

8Bucksagallon

Reaction score
1998_K1500_sub I have just been through 14 pages of your work surrounding ordering and shipping these things, all I can say is "thank you for your dedication to the cause!" what a ton of work you have done. I will see if I can order front and rear, and see what I come up with, unless you have any left in stock? In respect of the circuit board, what does it do? did you ever find a solution?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will see if I can order front and rear, and see what I come up with, unless you have any left in stock? In respect of the circuit board, what does it do? did you ever find a solution?

Yes, there's a good solution for the taillight circuit boards. All components are immediately available (headlights, taillights, circuit boards).

PM me please, I don't want to turn this thread into a sales pitch. We can carry on a conversation there.

Last edited:

8Bucksagallon

Reaction score
I will thank you. In other news, I think Mile Marker used to sell a "nudge bar" for our trucks, it was approx the width of the grill, any suggestions as to where I could find one new or used? I can't. search well because I am not sure what it is!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My 1999 C2500 5.7 Suburban doesn't have one either. Not sure if they were an option or what the score is.
I think the rear sway bar was on the 1500 Burbs as part of the towing package. Both ours had it and most of the half ton burbs I've seen, have it.
Don't know why it wasn't offered for the 2500/3500 trucks and SUVs except for the duallies....