Reverse Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Blue Ox

Reaction score
Any gurus out there that know why my reverse lights aren’t working? I’ve changed the housings on the rear, I’m not getting power for the reverse lights. All other lights are working! 96 RCSB!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
They get old and have slop in the linkage. Gotta adjust this on the Burb. I have noticed that if we shift into drive and roll forward a little bit, before shifting into reverse, the backup lights are more likely to come on. Just going into reverse from park, most of the time they don't.
In Houston, people don't notice backup lights in parking lots anyway......

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
In Houston, people don't notice backup lights in parking lots anyway......

I've been INCREDIBLY spoiled. I swapped in some very bright LED bulbs in my Crown Vic's large backup light housings. They are honestly brighter than the stock HEADLIGHTS were! When people pull up behind me at a stoplight with their brights on, I flick it into reverse and they dim their lights most of the time. Our trucks have tiny little license plate lights for reverse lights, in my opinion.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been INCREDIBLY spoiled. I swapped in some very bright LED bulbs in my Crown Vic's large backup light housings. They are honestly brighter than the stock HEADLIGHTS were! When people pull up behind me at a stoplight with their brights on, I flick it into reverse and they dim their lights most of the time. Our trucks have tiny little license plate lights for reverse lights, in my opinion.

LED back lights in these truck make a huge difference though

And as for OP does sound like range switch or broke or out of adjustment ill check alldata at work this morning if I dont forget and see where the power source comes from upload pic

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm no help on the original question but since we're talking reverse lights... I was pleasantly surprised at the extra visibility I got from them after installing these Anzo 211140 tail lights on both of my '97s.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BBHNM

The reverse light portion of the lens wraps all the way around the bottom instead of the small rectangle in the factory lights, which means if you throw a bright set of LEDs in there you can see your rear corners much better while reversing. I'm sure other people will notice you much easier as well.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Mine are fairly bright when they're on! But LEDs would probably help. And if the actual lens part was bigger, that'd make a difference. But I am happy with the OE style lenses that I have on the Burb. If they get cracked, no biggie, they're less than $25 each. Some of the places we go, there are lots of yard trailers that stick out, and narrow- ish lanes.
Thanks guys for the advice!