RESULTS: Spyder Projectors w/ HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'd heard quite a it about retrofitting projectors into aftermarket housings. I've always wondered how to do it. I've read a little back when greatwhite was still around. Thought he used acura tl projectors. There a detailed write up on retrofitting still on the forum? I'd love to do it. Could really benefit from the increased output and clarity. And I can't stand halo Rings that come on every projector sold in the aftermarket. I currently have these lights.
You must be registered for see images

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Where did you get the HIRs from?

Ordered them from Candle Power, amazon was out at the time. Them combined with my HD 4-Hi harness makes for some great light, and it is dead reliable too (as opposed to my experiences with HIDs), with no warmup period. I'm happy I made the switch.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Thanks! I wanna do this so bad.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Some (bad) night shots of the HIR1s in the new headlights. I'll try to get some better ones with my DSLR at a later time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lo's - For halogen bulbs, and ebay headlights, the cut-off line is amazing (you cant really tell because of the different depths here, but its perfectly straight).

4-Hi's

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for you guys asking about retrofits and good hd relays, i suggest theretrofitsource, they have good quality stuff, dont be turned off by the prices, remember with electronics, you get what you pay for

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
It's honestly ridiculous how bright they are. Driving on an open road of winding hills, you can really see how far the light is thrown, just completely lights up the hillsides. And the 4300K (which looks white with these lights) color spectrum is so much better than 5k-6k; if I ever go back to HIDs, I am getting 4500K.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
It's honestly ridiculous how bright they are. Driving on an open road of winding hills, you can really see how far the light is thrown, just completely lights up the hillsides. And the 4300K (which looks white with these lights) color spectrum is so much better than 5k-6k; if I ever go back to HIDs, I am getting 4500K.

So which headlight housings are you running now?