RESULTS: Spyder Projectors w/ HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When u see these driving down the road in a 400 i usually scoff
They look good when they're off tho lol
When they come on I see a little weak ball of light and wonder how the output is
But in the photo they look bright
Wonder why the ones I see look embarrassing

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the "halos" when those were all the rage
That was a mistake also lmao
Did u hook up that little LEd in the center?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've actually ended up removing them, both projectors and HIDs. I did end up getting them sitting right, and the cuttoff was great; sharp and straight. Lighting was amazing too - I ran into 2 issues though. 1) even though I rtv siliconed each headlight, they built up condensation like mad, both in the house and within the projector lenses. 2) I had a bulb fail on me.

After all the issues I've had with HIDs, I said screw it and ripped them out.

I'm now running HIRs in the lows and highs. In fact, I have HIR1s in my low beams XD. I'll get pic of it - they are 2750 lumens, so they are as bright as HIDs, and it's back at 4900k color temp which is nearly pure white.

My old HID Kit and the projectors are for sale if anyone is interested.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What, may I ask, are HIR's?

Halogen Infrared Reflective bulbs. Standard equipment on some vehicles. You can modify them to fit in our bulb sockets very easily, no ballast or other equipment necessary.

You can find them on eBay and several other places, here's a link to a picture of the modification required for 9011 (9005 socket) and 9012 (9006 socket) bulbs respectively.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-91565365470012_2267_311973

Never tried them, myself. My GE halogens are plenty bright for me with the 4-hi mod.