Replacing headlights, need help/opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was looking at replacing my Headlights with LED Bumper and Corner Lights as visibility through them is crappy at best and looking for a more sleek look. Im looking for a smoked look and came across these and wanted peoples opinions and advice before going ahead with them. Thanks in advance!
http://www.carid.com/1997-chevy-ck-headlights/spyder-crystal-headlights-euro-1316537.html

(Pictures of my truck)
You must be registered for see images attach

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
^^^This. You're not going to gain a ton of visibility getting headlights with black backrounds. You'd be better of getting something with a reflective backround and slightly smoked lenses. Of course that isn't optimum either, but it would be better than what your link shows. Ultimately it comes down to finding a compromise between looks and function. Good luck.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't buy the ones off CarID. You can get the same ones as well as ones with the chrome backing in the housings on eBay shipped for like $120 if you buy it now. If you bid and wait it out its about $112. I'll post a link if I have time before work.

EDIT: I couldn't find the seller that had the set I was talking about earlier, I swear they change products all the time. Anyways, same thing you want with chrome housings SHIPPED for $124.50

Last edited:

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought one of those ebay sets and only paid $85 shipped for a entire set of those black housing/chrome reflector headlights with parking lamps & smoked amber corners. I love mine, haven't had a single issue & light output is great. Can't beat them for the money.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! Also looking into LED tails and 3rd break light. Any opinions on what i should get?

Last edited: