Replacing exhaust manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found 3 cracks in my manifold yesterday, might tackle the job to replace it. Anyone have experiences with this? I'm really worried about cracking a bolt off while trying to remove the manifold

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
soak them with good penetrating oil first overnight or longer.

IMO the price of new ones, buy shorties that bolt right in place. That's exactly what I did.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had broken stud on collectors of manifolds and 2 broken bolts in heads on mine. thought the bolts would all break for sure but they didnt. they all came out fine just have to get the broken 2 out becaue my ebay shortys are suposted to be here tomorrow!

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1 on good penetrating oil. It's gonna take some good pressure to crack them loose but if it starts to feel like it's gonna give stop, more oil, wait, try again. When I did mine we broke the last bolt but it was actually loose enough to get it with good vice grips. Remember patience is gonna be a key factor too. Good Luck!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Get yourself a couple cans of PB Blaster.

Sent from my busted Desire using Tapatalk.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that wd40 commercial with Chip Fosse says to rock them back and forth, meaning loosen and tighten to get them to break free, do it until they do then remove. I always went with if they move, meaning loosen, keep going LOL.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that wd40 commercial with Chip Fosse says to rock them back and forth, meaning loosen and tighten to get them to break free, do it until they do then remove. I always went with if they move, meaning loosen, keep going LOL.

this guy had me sold on a set of headers from ebay. Best purchase I ever made. Stainless steel headers for like 130 bucks brand new. They still look gooooood. lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no doubt man, I seen other guys talk and everyone afraid to try, or those who had tried had not replied, so I jumped and was very happy. My manifold the front tube was almost broken completely off the PS. I love my headers. I only wished they were long tubes, but I did not want, nor did I have the cash for all new exhaust

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this guy had me sold on a set of headers from ebay. Best purchase I ever made. Stainless steel headers for like 130 bucks brand new. They still look gooooood. lol

X2 If your going to go through all that Id install a set of headers

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i did... today actually lol they look good and install wasnt that bad. did new wires and plugs too while i was at it