Replacement body panels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr13

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on places to buy replacement body panels. Specifically the front, fenders, hood, grill and so on for a 96 gmc 1500. Anyone know if a certain company sells better fitting parts

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on places to buy replacement body panels. Specifically the front, fenders, hood, grill and so on for a 96 gmc 1500. Anyone know if a certain company sells better fitting parts
ANY of the new in a box parts you can get are all stamped or made overseas in a thinner gauge steel. And I'm sure it's only from a couple of factories that have different boxes for different companies.

That being said, I have a Keystone cowl hood, fits pretty darn good, better than I expected. BUT I paid a lot more for it than other brands. Maybe it's a coincidence, don't know for sure. So maybe there is something to the "you get what you pay for" statement.

The best fitting will always be ones you source from a bone yard. Factory GM made, thicker steel, and better fitment. Try and get ones closer to the year of your truck, as the stamping dies did age over the years. Sona 88 fender may not fit as "good" on a 95.

Hopefully that helps you.