Replaced rear brakes - now 1 side hot & grabby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree just wondering if something going on with that brake line. Even if it's at the t. Located above the diff. Even at the wheel cylinder. Doesnt seem like its brakes if you backed off the adjuster and still have them overheating.

Wickedstick

Reaction score
I agree just wondering if something going on with that brake line. Even if it's at the t. Located above the diff. Even at the wheel cylinder. Doesnt seem like its brakes if you backed off the adjuster and still have them overheating.
I replaced that soft line that goes from the diff to the chassis. Also replaced both front calipers and soft ones associated with those. Also replaced master cylinder. Also replaced both wheel cylinders. Also had rear end rebuilt to install limited slip.

Last edited:

Wickedstick

Reaction score
I replaced that soft line that goes from the disk to the chassis. Also replaced both front calipers and soft ones associated with those. Also replaced master cylinder. Also replaced both wheel cylinders. Also had rear end rebuilt to install limited slip.
It’s going back into the shop tonight. Will hopefully have some answers tomorrow.

Wickedstick

Reaction score
Shop says abs module holding pressure. Seems odd to me though because only one line runs to the rear and splits in middle. Shouldn’t it hold pressure on both sides of it was holding pressure?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would think so but since its built in with a proportioning valve it wouldnt surprise me. I've heard of guys on here having issues with em. Plus a lot of issues with the abs module. I thought there was a test though on hear where you pull the fuse and see if it's still acting up

Wickedstick

Reaction score
Rear brakes have shared hydraulics from the rear brake hose forward. What affects one rear brake hydraulicly affects the other, until the system splits after the rear brake hose at the rear axle.
I assume this means that if one was dragging the other would drag if it was an abs module issue? Being that isn’t the case, I likely have some other issue?