replace clutch fan with Electric fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are they that thick? that they wouldn't go in front of it? Good info, did not know that.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, it be really difficult to get a decent sized fan behind the grill, you might be able to find some super thin aftermarket fan or something, but I don't know any fan that'd work behind the grill and be able to work well enough as a primary fan. depending on what your setup is you could have the AC condenser, trans cooler, horn, center crossmember, etc behind the grill, its not like its overly spaceous in there.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
oh yeah, it be really difficult to get a decent sized fan behind the grill, you might be able to find some super thin aftermarket fan or something, but I don't know any fan that'd work behind the grill and be able to work well enough as a primary fan. depending on what your setup is you could have the AC condenser, trans cooler, horn, center crossmember, etc behind the grill, its not like its overly spaceous in there.

:word:

I could barely get a Tranny Cooler in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
condensor I can remove, horn is there on the center support.

yeah, I know where the horn is, I'm saying it sticks off to the side of the support and both the horn AND center support will be a BIG problem trying to fit a decent fan in there. you might be able to get some tiny little fan in, but nothing I personally would want to use as a primary fan. I had tons of problems trying to fit a small intercooler heat exchanger in there in the past, and I don't even have the trans cooler in there anymore. go ahead and try it if you'd like, it'll be a pain to do, IF you can even get something in there. removing the condenser will give you a little room, but you'll still have fitment issues. not to mention that with a pusher you won't have shrouding, which will reduce the efficiency of the fan to cool the radiator.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it was just a thought and would look alot cleaner, having one underhood aint the big of deal for me. I just wished I could put it in front.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it was just a thought and would look alot cleaner, having one underhood aint the big of deal for me. I just wished I could put it in front.

oh yeah, it would be pretty nice to have it out of the way like that. but for me I'd rather have a better fan with a good shroud doing a better job at cooling.

///M5

Reaction score
Here are pics of my E-Fan install, and parts I used to get it running in my 98' C1500 5.7L.

Jeep Recall Fan

Part # CBG4F250
Rated at ~4000cfm
19" dia
3" thick
$58.00 Shipped

Derale Adjustable Electric Fan Contoller
Part# 16749
$50.00 Shipped

Brass Pipe Thread Fittings for Temp Sensor Install $10.00

Installed

I also picked up this 145A alternator (Left) at the junk yard for $20.00. It Came off of a 2004 Chevy Express Van. I didnt need it, but who can argue with extra power for future upgrades. The only change I made to run this was to get a 1" larger fan belt

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You probably already know this but there is an unused water port in the passenger side head with a plug in it from the factory, it makes a great place to put your fan sensor.