Regular cab subwoofers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
I'll chime in. I don't have anything in my 89 GMT400 yet, as I just recently got it. But my regular cab 06 Toyota Tacoma I squished 2 10" behind the seat. I'm 6'3", so losing ANY leg room was a no go. I had to have 2 10's but without loss of leg room, and I slide my seat all the way back.

One of the most important things to remember is to have your subs match your available air space. A bad a$$ sub wont do squat if it doesn't have enough airspace. And with a regular cab and 2 of whatever size you choose, air space will be an issue. My current set up is 2 cheap dual voice coil Panasonics. But they are shallow (important) and require very little airspace. They aren't actual shallow style subs, they were just the shallowest non shallows I could find. I don't like any type of actual shallow style subs, high end or not. Anyways, they sound pretty dang good, and I'm a basshead, so bass is important to me. There's some lows they don't hit well, but majority they hit well. My head will hurt after a few minutes of high volume bass.

Your (Kreepin) JL's probably needed more space than they had. Still have box and subs? If so, take box apart, and add some polyfil. Pack it in fairly dense, but not too tight. You can buy it at any Walmart, etc. Or an arts and crafts store, etc. Poly fil "tricks" sub into thinking it has more airspace than it actually does. Bass vibrations make the polyfil vibrate, which creates heat, which warms the available air, which makes the sub "think" there's more air than there actually is. Polyfil is a lifesaver in the reg cab subbox game. It's best to get matched airspace to sub, but polyfil works great in a pinch. Also, box should be sealed. When apart, slap some sealer around all the inside edges. If it's one long box with 2 subs, make chamber one. If it's split in 2 on the inside, make a hole in divider, and wire subs to run in unison. Gives you that little bit more airspace, and stereo sound in subs that close together is rather pointess. You can keep your highs and mids in stereo for stereo sound, but in a reg cab set up, I always run subs together and have them share same airspace.

I can post pix tomorrow if you like, but there isn't much to see. Someone ^ looks almost identical to mine.

Also, basstubes, haha, you wont get what you sound like your looking for. Sorry to all basstube fans. Basstubes are good at adding bass to a stock stereo, but that's about it in my opinion. I am not a fan of the tubes.

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120454 this is what i have in my truck I love it runs off 1000w kenwood amp hits nice tight sound fits perfect behind seat

I checked this out yesterday, have decided to go with it and there definately won't be any clearence issue's in a RC truck. I'm going with a 5 channel amp for simplicity and space saving, it will put about 300 watts RMS to the sub, but I'm already 1/2 Deaf, so it should be sufficient.