Regular cab subwoofers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can any of the standard cab guys who have subwoofers installed post up some pics....and tell me how good their subwoofer/enclosure setup sounds.....?im trying to get some ideas on what to get

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been studying the same issue. There isn't much room to work with behind or under the seat and I don't want a single speaker on the hump under the dash.

I did find this prefab box a while back.

Last edited:

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks really nice....i had 2 jl audio 12's in my truck and they just wouldnt hit very hard.....how does your setup sound? Do they pound pretty hard?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey kennedy I had a box similar to that....and i just couldnt get it to hit very hard......i got frustrated and took it out

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

built it myself, 2 kicker comp vr's dvc's forget the ohms, but I run them off a kicker 400.1 mono sub amp, sounds great.

I mounted them as low as possible in the box, and it was just barely enough room for them to fit in the box and the seat to be all the way back. I made it as wide as the behind the seat area, from plastic to plastic side cover, has about 2 inches to spare, and goes from the floor to under the plastic trim. I made it as wide as possible at the top and bottom with the seat fully back.

I forget exact measures but rough guess off my head, like 2-3 inches thick at top, 11 or 10 something wide on bottom front to rear and like 60 or 59 inches long, forget the height, I think maybe 14 or 16?

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't necessarily want it to hit hard, but I like some good bass when I'm listening to my music... I'm more into the sound quality then the sound levels. :)

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah im not wanting to rock the whole block......but i want it to hit pretty hard....i wanna be able to actually feel it...that box u built is sealed?