Rec blend door question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
When I got my truck the blend door motor was unplugged . I plugged it in and it works , but it thumps when it changes . One of the guys at work says its out of time and there is a way to put it in time so it don't make all that noise . I didn't see any stickies on it , is there a way to do this or is the motor junk ?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got my truck the blend door motor was unplugged . I plugged it in and it works , but it thumps when it changes . One of the guys at work says its out of time and there is a way to put it in time so it don't make all that noise . I didn't see any stickies on it , is there a way to do this or is the motor junk ?

Motor is junk. That's why they (po) unplugged out

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
A thump is not really a big concern. As long as it's just the door hitting home on its seal. My blend door thumps closed as it seals.

If the motor is graunching, grinding or making a ticking noise at the end,of its travel its toast.

I'm also not sure if you are referring to the blend door or the recirc door. They are two different things....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The rec door . When it hits the end of its travel it thumps for about 10seconds

That's the motor running past it's limit and slipping/skipping until it thermals out.

It's toast.

I've taken 'em apart before to try and fix 'em and it's all solid state except for the actual motor and worm gear.

Replacement is the only cure.

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
When I get a free day I'll get to replacing it . I worked 70hrs last week in the heat so I was going to take it easy . Then my idler pulley exploded Friday and I didn't realize it . Never made a differance till I turned off the A/C Saturday night . Then it shredded the belt . I was so pissed the parts guy gave my wife the wrong belt on purpose . The manager sent him home before I came in to get the right belt ( manger is a friend of mine ) I wanted to wrap that belt around that fu*^%% head and ..... My wife made me go with her to Texas this morning so my friend had time to handle his counter person .

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That rec motor is a byatch! Make sure you have lots of tools, and at least half a day.