rebuild time!! again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys! I started rebuilding the 700r4 that we have had laying in the garage for quite some time since the one in my truck went out again:waytogo: so....here we go! I purchased the tci maximizer rebuild kit. have yet to buy the torque converter (I am thinking the tork master 2000 from B&M). this is a whole truck build. its getting a new engine too. ill show that in the engines forum. here is some pictures for you. it didn't take more than 2 hours to get it torn down to where it's at.
here is the fluid pan and the valve body. look like there is anything else there...?
You must be registered for see images attach

well....it has been sitting for quite some time now...that's what a parts washer is for eh? haha

just a peak down inside of the tranny. that's as far as I got before I needed that spring compressor tool...which I didn't have. we did however have the tools to make one!!

as you can see here in the image shown...this is what was fried. completely, and utterly, fried.

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was my reaction too. at least its just dirty so I can wash it up, no big deal there. everything else in it is fine as far as I know other than that clutch pack too. the rebuild kit came in the mail yesterday so when I get around to it I will start putting it all back together with new parts! pics to come

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this is the forward clutch spring? compressor spring? not sure. but I broke it on the way out of the transmission. ordered a new one today so now I have to wait and clean parts for now.

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is not much to see inside the transmission since you already saw almost everything sitting on the work bench. maybe I will do a full write up if I decide to rebuild the other one too. here are some more pictures. she is almost put back together, all that is left is the front pump and the valve body. while I was trying to put in the front pump the first time I broke one of the Teflon seals on the shaft. yet another small expense haha oh well. ill post pics when it is painted and done!

these are the Teflon seals. the 3rd one down is the one I tore