Rebuild Front end lift... Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I am planning on rebuilding my front in in my truck when I get back from deployment. Currently I am running a 6" ProComp setup with ladder bars and add a leafs and 6 shocks in the rear, which I want to keep. But up front I only have a single shock with the TBs and it is pretty much wore out. I was planning on completely stripping the front and rebuilding it all (steering, new kit, hubs, tie rods etc.) but was wanting some opinions on front end setups. Can I run my ProComp in the rear and a different brand up front? I believe the geometry of my lift throws off the angles a bit, as it is the only reason anyone can come up with for my wheel lean.

So please, post your front end lift setups, 6" and give specs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Front Setup:

Showing the tire lean (only when wheels are cranked far left/right):

Rear Setup: 3 add-a-leafs, two shocks to each ladder bar, and two stabilizer shocks to rear end...

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
if there is nothing wront wth the lift you have now just replace the ball joints tie rod ends idler arm and bracket and pitman arm no use in buying another lift ig you dont need it

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
if there is nothing wront wth the lift you have now just replace the ball joints tie rod ends idler arm and bracket and pitman arm no use in buying another lift ig you dont need it

The geometry of the lift now causes the tires to lean when fully cranked to left/right. No tire lean until you start turning. All those components have been rebuilt and still have tire lean. Its been from shop to shop and had many people look at it and it is the lift. Nothing really wrong with it, I would just like a different setup. Seeing what all are out there.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you shouldn't spend much time at full steering lock so it wouldn't really bother me.

Other lifts are, RCX, Zone, another Procomp, BDS, RCD an there are probably more I'm forgetting. Unless your prematurely wearing tires I would not get another lift. If you are wearing tires it could be ball joints or tie rods doing it.

Honestly your upper a-arm brackets look a lot like my RCX ones an the Zone lift has similar brackets as well. Stock trucks probably lean the tires at lock too. I don't think it's just due to the lift. All it does is drop everything straight down. The geometry is still stock, just 6" lower.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
p2 is right they all lean and fords are way worse. the reason your probably noticing is because you have big tires and its more pronounced.

Sent from my static android

Last edited:

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im running 35s with the older style rcx 6 inch lift and my tires do the same thing. leans when at full crank turning. brackets are similar on the front end. new rcx, bds, and a few others no longer have upper a-arm drops. instead have a lift spindle. dont know if that helps with the tire lean but ive put quite a few bds lifts on several different vehicles in the past 6 months and havent noticed it at all.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and those bds lifts have brackets that bolt to the lower a-arm where torsion bars go, which keeps torsion bars up in the frame just like stock so theres no crossmember below the frame.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im running 35s with the older style rcx 6 inch lift and my tires do the same thing. leans when at full crank turning. brackets are similar on the front end. new rcx, bds, and a few others no longer have upper a-arm drops. instead have a lift spindle. dont know if that helps with the tire lean but ive put quite a few bds lifts on several different vehicles in the past 6 months and havent noticed it at all.

RCX still has upper a arm drop brackets. No spindles in there kit.....