rear wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff1953

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sitting around thinking about my truck, and wondering if any of you all have ever seen or done a swap with wheels from a dually to a single wheel and tire and keep everything else the same and go with a like 10 or a 12 inch wide wheel with one tire like some of the big rigs are, mine is a 1993 GMC 454, extra cab, long bed, 2 wd dual wheels. any help or info would be great, Thanks to you all.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was the big setup 20 years ago. A phantom dually. Pretty much a dually with pro street tires on back. Always liked the way they looked.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Phantom duallies were generally C1500's though with the dually flares added to the bed and really wide rear wheels added to the existing 10 bolt rear end, 5 lug pattern.. it was a cool look for the time period I guess. Front wheels often remained the same setup as before the conversion.

OP is asking about converting his dually rear wheels to "super singles" - haven't done it myself, I think the challenge there is finding wheels with the appropriate width, backspacing, and bolt pattern to make it all happen. I know others have discussed it, and I've seen a few examples that were.. uh.. in questionable taste. It's possible some good ones have been done but I haven't seen it yet.

Richard