rear speakers 1992 C3500 EXT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CapnDean

Reaction score
Neither of my rear speakers work. I fished around in the drivers side rear seat door p anel bucket and found a wire that is not connected to anything. I figure that is the Left rear speaker wire. I went to the passenger side rear seat lower door panel bucket....pulled it out and could not find a wire ANYWHERE.

So I ask...... Is it because my truck is a 1992 and every other mother has monkeyed with it?
OR..... do the speaker wires from the drivers side cross over to the passenger side in the overhead?

I would assume that the wires all go from the stereo back to the speakers on each side of the truck. But it is possible that 4 wires go to the drivers side and 2 of the continue on to the passenger side.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
In my 90 the rear speaker wires go through the driver side and the passenger side speaker goes across the roof behind the big platic piece and was wrapped with foam

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your wires are under the rocker panel plastic cover, that is on the floor under where the door is, when its closed. Remove the screws, and the wires should be there.