Rear disc conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's one disc conversion I've seen for the 10" drums, which I know little about except for the video, that overcomes one significant shortcoming of the others: It uses a newer style "caliper bracket" and caliper assembly.

The caliper bracket provides abutments for the pads. Those abutments transfer the braking forces from the pads into the caliper bracket. LSM and clones provide no such abutments to manage the braking forces.

Google "GMT400 Rear Disc Brake Conversion (Part 1)". It's a video by EricTheCarGuy.

I'm not saying the kit shown is suitable. I'm only saying it overcomes one obvious shortcoming of others.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Well, I got my answer. Lol!

I think I'm going to stick with my stock drums. I was just curious what everyone thought.

Thanks.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a similar setup from Speedway Motors in my dirt car, it was far more abused in this application than any street driving would be and never had any issues.

Man, I miss those days.............................

Attachments

• Windows Live Photo Gallery Wallpaper 2.jpg
    Windows Live Photo Gallery Wallpaper 2.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 80gaffney.jpg
    80gaffney.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 5