RCX 2-3inch lift kit, worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
No, it does not drop the lower control arms or do anything for your tie rods, so your lower ball joints and tie rod ends will get roasted just as quickly as a full torsion bar crank.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
so im better off just turning the keys up a bit and getting a leaf put in

Well, if you only want 1.5-2 inches of lift its an option.

Increasing the z angle (ie: crank the bars) too much will lead to a less compliant front suspension ( ie: stiffer or firmer depending on how you see it), perhaps even harsh.

Now, some like the slightly firmer ride some don't.

Any chance you have a friend with a similar truck and lift as you're considering? Either cranked bars or drop kits?

A quick spin around the block would help your decision process a lot one way or another.

Remember this also; not matter which way you go you will need an alignment afterward or you'll be taking lots of life off your tires every mile you drive...

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
^ what he said also make sure your shocks will properly extend 2 inches and still function properly otherwise those will need to be purchased as well.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I wish I came across this forum before I installed the Skyjacker keys. It just made the truck level. Good thing I didn't pay alot for them.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I wanted the same kit for a while but decided against it after all the bad reviews