Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've only seen a handful of trucks the same color combo as mine

You must be registered for see images attach

I've got a buddy with a 94 gmc he bought our senior year of high school that was that same color combination. It was a rough farm truck when he bought it so it ended up repainted a darker charcoal color.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
WA9927 you say?
That'd be Dark Hunt Club Red; my 96 K2500 is this color. Research shows it was a 94-96 only color, I think there was another member on here with a 96 K3500 that got wrecked, but it was the same color as our trucks before he rebuilt it.

That would be me and my flatbed...yes.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1991 GMC extended cab - middle area is dark gray metallic code 9658, top and bottom are gray metallic code 8867. Separated at the top with a reddish orange pinstripe decal. I bet it looked real nice before it went to ****. :)

This truck was also a 5.7 TBI / NV3500 5 speed, power windows/locks (maroon interior with split bench), and had the fairly rare in 1991 needle gauge cluster. I actually hated to part this one out but I bought it without a title (I always ran MVR reports to be sure not stolen) and the paint was dead as could be anyway, and the dash was busted to crap. Seats were worn thin on the fabric, too. But it gave up a good engine, transmission, body parts, and much more.

Richard

Crytone

Reaction score
The color on my 1988 C1500 was only offered, it seems, on the Wrangler special editions which may be a Canadian only option. Very little info I have been able to find about the Wrangler models in this year range.

It may look like a standard color (maroon/silver) but it's the pattern that different. The maroon color doesn't wrap the entire top down the body line/hood, but actually goes around just the back of the cab (in line with the pillar). Also has unique Wrangler badges on the pillar/door panels and custom Wrangler pin striping.

img_20160523_114718-jpg.39565