Random cylinder msifire!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i replaced my b4 cat bosch O2 sensors w/ OEM replacement AC Delco sensors and its like a whole other truck! It was running kinda rough and hesitating couple times/drive. Now it runs so much smoother, had a little hesitation this morning, probly due to the rear O2 bosch sensors not being replaced yet or the spider injectors. But waaaaaaaayyyyy smoother, runs much cleaner. My gas mileage before the swap was 10mpg, i will fill up today and update when i check again.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i replaced my b4 cat bosch O2 sensors w/ OEM replacement AC Delco sensors and its like a whole other truck! It was running kinda rough and hesitating couple times/drive. Now it runs so much smoother, had a little hesitation this morning, probly due to the rear O2 bosch sensors not being replaced yet or the spider injectors. But waaaaaaaayyyyy smoother, runs much cleaner. My gas mileage before the swap was 10mpg, i will fill up today and update when i check again.

The rear o2's have no effect on the way your truck runs, they report to the PCM about the cat efficiency. When you get the right parts it sure makes a difference, lol. I'm sure your fuel mileage will increase. Where did you buy the sensors from?

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought mine on evilbay, for 59 each. I am starting to think i might have the infamous spider inj. issue also, even though changing to the OEM O2s was so much better.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I beleave that i'm going to have to do the injector swap, my exhaust is fairly new and i noticed that the pipe from the passenger side is black with soot, and the other one is clean. Its got true duals on it and no crossover/ x-pipe/ h-pipe in the exhaust. Must be and injector leaking.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i fixed mine :) turns out it was that effing hood. i sprayed silicone lube all over my cap and plug wires ( after it was dry and running right ) and it hasnt missed once since then!

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys i only got 9 miles/ gallon outta my last tak of gas! Everything igniton related is new. I checked the fuel pressurs and its as follows. Key on not running 60psi down to 57 after 10 min. Running at idle is 54 and steady. So if i have an injector leaking it must be only when its under a load, right? Will the upgraded spider fix my problem? $300 is alot to spend on something that may not fix the issue at hand. Am i on the right track thinking that my random miss fire is fuel related as if it was dumping gas when it shouldent?

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled all the plugs, each one looked brand new with very little discoloration EXCEPT the one from #1 cylinder. It was crusted up real bad, looks like i may have a leaking valve seal or something else. I cleaned the plug the best i could and put it back in. It will have to work till i get back to the parts store to get a new one. Maybe my mileage is down so much because cylinder 1 is not firing like it should? Would just replacing that 1 injector help, What do you guys think?

Last edited: